Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mexican Cuisine

When I was in high school like my students I didn't really have exposure to international cuisine. One time the French club was having a fundraiser for something and they were making crepes and it made me throw up. I didn't eat an avocado until I was in my twenties. I was a vegetarian and didn't drink soda, so I pretty much survived on oatmeal and Little Debbie brownies. I get it if you are a picky eater.

But when I traveled, those walls started coming down. It started when I found desserts better than store bought brownies, and eventually I got to the fruits, veggies, and meats.

In an effort to encourage you to try something new sooner, I have a few videos, photos, and blog posts from Matador, a great travel website for 20-somethings (bookmark it for the future!) Click on the links below to read the articles.

(This is a photo of my friend Courtney, taken on our trip to Mexico when we tried grasshoppers!)


Hot Tamale Activities - Complete one or more of these activities as a advanced/Hot Tamale blog post. Title your post the title of this blog post.
  • Respond to one or more of the blog post/video - which "weird" Mexico food would your want to try and why? According to the article article 8 signs you've never eaten real Mexican food, have you ever had real Mexican food? What was it? Describe the experience. Which foods would you not want to try? Include images in the blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment