|Youth at the largest children detention center in the U.S.|
I've been posting about Immigration since I started this blog nine years ago. The issues around this topic evolve and change often, so here is a collection of recent articles (with audio provided for many of them) related to what is currently happening around different aspects of the topic.
Many of the articles focus on what happens to youth who come to the border.
- Inside the largest migrant shelter for kids in the US
- Migrant Youth Go From A Children's Shelter To Adult Shelter On Their 18th Birthday
- Children of TPS join marchers in Washington
- TPS = Temporary Protected Status - people had permission to come to the U.S. and stay here (many for more than 10 years) but now the government is thinking about telling them they have to go back to their home country.
- A boy travels the migrant caravan to join his mother in the US
- The real border crisis - US immigration system isn't build for families
Here is a interactive website where you can learn about the U.S. and Mexican border.
Create a new blog post in your Spanish Blog Portfolio (or send an email to your Spanish teacher), title it the same as this blog post, and answer one of the following questions in complete sentences based on these images.
- Pick one of the articles and listen to it/read it. Summarize what you learning in 3-4 sentences.
- Check out the Border Interactive and pick 3 places to describe in your own words.
- Listen to the audio for The real border crisis - US immigration system isn't build for families and summarize 3 issues the person who is being interviewed said we need to improve.
- Listen to or read Children of TPS join marchers in Washington and explain what you were do if your family lost TPS (Temporary Protected Status).