Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Ms. Bordner Update

Hola estudiantes!

Students are updating their Spanish blogs letting me know what they've been up to since we were last together so I thought it might be a good idea to let you know what I've been doing!


This August break I went on a bike trip in Spain! I spent about two weeks traveling around Spain. I spent six days biking 200 miles in Spain and it was awesome! I also got to go to Morocco in Africa for a day.

I also spent the April break in Costa Rica with students from the class of 2015 (now seniors!), and I spent December break in Colombia (the country in Latin America). Though I've traveled a lot to the Spanish speaking countries my next international trip will be to somewhere in Asia! Either Thailand, Japan, or China. I want to go there because I'm really interested in exploring their traditions, ancient ruins, and their large cities. I plan on spending some time in a big City like Bangkok or Tokyo, visiting ruins like the Great Wall of China or Angkor Watt, and of course going to a beach!

Something I'm really excited about this trimester is our focus on Hispanic music. I love to listen to lots of different genres of music in Spanish (and English) and when I learn about the instruments and the historical/cultural context of the songs it makes me like the music even more! One of my favorite genres is female Hispanic hip hop artists. One of my favorite artist is Ana Tijoux from Chile. I also really like Los Rakas, another hip hop group from California and Panama.

I'm also looking forward to talking about different foods from Spanish speaking countries! I love Spanish food like ham with melon and octopus! I love the fresh juice in Costa Rica and pancakes with plantains! I loved drinking the juice straight out of the coconut in the street in Colombia! And I love love love chilaquiles with mole sauce in Mexico!

To end this letter I just want to say that I'm really excited to see all my students again, pick up where we left off, and keep learning about the world around us and how to communicate with others in it! Lets have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment