Friday, October 5, 2012

Crazy Comida


10th grade students have been looking into Guatemalan food. Some of the students have been surprised to see "lengua en salsa" or cow tongue in salsa!

Here is a video of different food in Mexico


Here is a video of me and friends eating grasshoppers.



Different places and cultures have very different cuisines (food). Below I've put some photos and slideshows of food I've seen in my travels.

cow nostrils from market in Peru

deep fried guinea pig in Peru

Pig head for pozole in Mexico

cochinilo from Spain



Intrigued? Here's more! Click below to see slideshows of food from Spain, Mexico, and Peru.


Hot Tamale Activities email bordner@cityhigh.org your reply

  • Find out what people cook cow nostrils/tongue for. How do they cook it? What other countries do they use cow nostrils and tongue in their food? Does it sound tasty? Explain.
  • Are you a vegetarian? Why? (I was a vegetarian for 8 years, then I went to Spain.) 
  • Which of the foods pictured above would you be most likely to try? Explain. Which of the foods pictured above would you be least likely to try? Explain. 
  • Have you watched any of those TV shows where people eat crazy stuff from around the world? Tell me about an episode. What show was it? Where did they go? What did they eat? Would you have eaten it? 
  • Have you ever tried something from a different culture that you thought would taste bad but was actually tasty? Or something that was nasty that you expected to be delicious? Tell me all about it!




2 comments:

  1. I would most likely not eat any of these. They don't look good, they look really nasty. I don't eat as much meat because I have been vegetarian for the last year and I'm just starting to eat meat again. May be in a few years I'd try one it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol
    I wouldn't eat crickets but it looked like u had fun

    ReplyDelete