Sunday, May 19, 2013

Travel Blogs


I love reading about people's travels. It helps me learn about places in the world I know nothing about, it inspires me to explore, and it reminds me to have an open mind. I love bringing travel bloggers into the class as well. Students have interviewed Sarah, Jeremy and Mike.

This trimester I'm sponsoring blogging club, and we spend our time checking out Tumblr. I found this list of 21 Travel Tumblrs and also The Top 13 Travel Blogs of 2013.


  • Looking at the lists, which one seems the most interesting to you? Why? 
  • Explore a specific blog (or more) and write a short summary on it. Which blog post was the most interesting to you? Would you want to travel with that person? Explain your answers.
  • Do the same for the Travel Twitter List (if you can get on twitter).
  • Is there a travel blog not listed that you read or have recently discovered? Share the link and what you like about it!
  • Our class was able to video conference with Mike from Kick the Grind because a student reached out to him. Email a travel blogger you would like to interview asking them to Skype/ Google Hangout with us and cc (add me) to the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment