Friday, December 14, 2012

Why learn a world language? Videos made by students

Students, I could tell you all the benefits of learning a world language. I could go ON and ON about the opportunities you get when you able to respectfully and appropriately communicate in another language. I could babble for hours about my own journey of language learning.  Like that job I had in Switzerland calling people and asking for their current contact information in Spanish and French, or the job in Mexico where I helped research the possibility of a National Football League team on the border of Mexico. We all know that you would probably not be impressed.

These videos of students describing how learning a world language are impressive. They are way better. Watch them.

Hot Tamale Activities (email me at bordner@cityhigh.org)

  • rank the top 5 videos and explain why you like them
  • choose 3 videos and give suggestions on how you would improve them
  • plan your own video! What would you show? What would you say?

1 comment:

  1. It would be great to learn another language because if your in another country, your going to need information on that place. you don't want to disrespect the other country by saying anything stupid.

    ReplyDelete